Do you have a professional headshot?
If you are like me, you have always shied away from getting a professional headshot. There are so many reasons…mainly the time it takes, the cost and just not knowing what to wear and what not to wear. Well, at Boston AREIA, at our June 20th meeting, we have a solution for you! It’s listed below. But, first…
Why get a headshot?
Today people don’t just surf the web, they want to instead experience it. This photo viewing experience can cause emotion from your readers, and in turn, that emotion creates buyers and followers.
In general, studies show that people like to buy services and products from people they know, like and trust. Seeing those real people, in high quality photographs on your website creates emotional connections to the faces your readers see online.
Having a strong, up-to-date photo of yourself on hand is smart business. Use it to brand your image on your website, market yourself on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Tips and additional information:
What to wear?
- Solid colors photograph best, and most people look good in midtones (green, blue, brown, etc.).
- Avoid white and colors that approximate your flesh tones.
- Avoid wearing clothing with patterns or accessories that distract from your face. Very bright reds, yellows and oranges can also be distracting.
- Men: wear a suit jacket sweater or nice dress shirt
- Women: a blouse or tailored jacket
- Make sure to iron 🙂
What will you receive?
- You’ll receive a high resolution digital copy of 3-5 images from the shoot.
- You have permission to use this image for web, business card and print needs for your business, however Latimer Studios reserves copyrights of the images.
- Included is basic retouching of the image as needed to make you look your best (blemish removal, teeth whitening, etc)
How to sign up:
There is a limited amount of spots open, first come, first serve.
Time: June 20th before your meeting. Your time slot will be between 4:00- 5:15, I will email your specific time. Each headshot session will be around 10 minutes.
Location: Crown Plaza, 320 Washington St., Newton, MA
Email me at Laura@latimerstudios.com if you would like to get headshots and I will give you your timeslot and a link to pay for your headshots via PayPal.
I’m looking forward to meeting you all and being apart of such a great organization!